Search This Blog Below

Today Cosplay
Cosplayer

Friday, September 10, 2010

How to Scan HQ Manga (comic)


As far as I can see there is no a single site that explain how to scan manga. Because of that, I have decided to let you know how they work with it. Now I will explain to you all how to scan “manga” or should we call in comic English with this simple tutorial as I can. Before we begin the tutorial, I would you to forgive me for any mistaken. Well, here we go, and listen carefully ^_^

Step 1
Download this raw image and open it in Photoshop. (If you don’t have photoshop just find link to download it from google >_< )


Step 2
Make sure, when the image is opened the mode is RGB already, if it doesn’t, follow this way

 

Step 3
Now it is in RGB mode, but it still looks dirty, right? Nah, to clean it, just go to Filter > Topaz Labs > Topaz Denoise (If you don’t have Topaz Denoise plug-in, donwload it here first)



Step 4
Topaz Denoise editor is opened, Now choose preset > Large_Grain_Noise and apply it,


afterwards, go to Advanced and set the setting as following and press OK button.


Wow…what we have now...? The Noise have been removed from the image.


Step 5
What should we do now? The image still looks so bad…oh no...I forget how to make it clear and clean…LOL
 
In this step you just turn the image in Black and White state by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + B ( what the heck shortcut key was that…lol ) or you can also follow this way



nah...just press OK button directly wihout any setting on it and what should we get now?

Step 6 – Final Step


Hm...don’t be so panic, you have almost done with it. The final step is adjust the level
Go to Image > Adjustments > Levels and set the level as following


and here is my result for all the step above. It's easy, isn't it..?



Now you just clean the Japanese text and replace it with your own language. You don’t know how to do it? just go here How to Clean Manga (comic)

NB: I have not joined for any scanlation group yet. If you care to recruit me to join your group as scanlator and / or cleaner just leave me a message or PM me at MH. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment